Monday 13 May 2013

My Favorite Cars Of 2013

I have always been a car enthusiast. Ever since I was young I have loved looking at, being in and driving cars. For someone who loves cars, Miami is the place to live. An average week for me will include test-driving new models of high end cars. 2013 has been a good year for cars, and I always have trouble picking favorites, but here is a list of 4 of my favorites from the year.

2013 Porsche Boxter

I was able to check one of these out when they were first released and I have to admit it might be my favorite of the year. The interior of a car is always important to me, and the new Porshe Boxter has several amazing updates. First of all they added a new three-pot gauge cluster with an LCD screen. The console and display screen have both been raised, making them easier to use while driving. When it comes to the exterior this car is simply beautiful. Inspired by the Carrera GT, it's wider in the rear and sits lower to the ground. I would love to take one down to south beach.

2013 Bentley Continental GT Speed

This car has a lot more power behind it than the Boxter. With 616 horsepower and 590 pound feet of torque this car is an animal. During my test drive I felt like I had complete control over the car despite the fact that it was raining. Even when it is freezing cold outside you can get away with putting the top down. The car has neck level heating vents on the seats, and seat heaters that make even extreme weather bearable. The car is so silent when driving that you can almost whisper to the person in the passengers seat while accelerating past 60 mph.

2013 BMW 650i Gran Goupe

The first thing I loved about this car was its classy exterior. Things got even better when I stepped inside the drivers seat. The brown and white leather look isn't what I was expecting but I absolutely loved it. The seats are wide and facilitate my wild driving. The BMW iDrive knob is still located in the center console and all the controls are easy to reach and use. My favorite interior feature was the 10-inch navigation screen. The car turns out to have a respectable 440 horsepower and 480 pound-feet of torque.

2013 Land Rover Range Rover

Forbes magazine called this car 2013's best luxury SUV. I have always loved Range Rovers and this model is no exception. The first thing I love about this car is of course the fact that it is an all terrain vehicle. While I love BMWs and Porsches they can't always go where I want to take them. I can take a Land Rover on camping trips with friends or just for a fun weekend of off-roading and not have to worry about having problems. In the 2013 model, the interior is more spacious and a whole lot lighter. A new system added to the car called Active Dynamics allows it to be driven more like a lightweight sports car on smooth surfaces. It is in general much more quick and nimble than previous generations.

I'm Kevin Devoto, an entrepreneur, sold my first company, now I'm doing what I love, personal training. Healthy lifestyle. BMW enthusiast. Live in Miami. Sharing my thoughts. Connect with me on Facebook or follow me on Twitter at @KevinRDevoto