Friday 17 May 2013

Car Tyres

When you buy a car, or bring yours in for maintenance, often your car tyres may not be the first thing on your mind. After all, if you drive down the road and hear a strange noise, you may think it comes from the engine or the suspension. You bring your vehicle for check up should you notice something wrong, or hear a weird sound. If you think you have a tyre problem however, typically it simply involves pumping some more air into them. What possible issue can your tyres have which could be dangerous for your driving? The reality is that your car tyres are crucial for proper driving, and a recent story should be a wake up call for many people of what can happen if you do not have proper products between your car's chassis and the road. Read on and find out what happened to one particular motorist who did not take proper care of my tyres.

Like most people, I did not worry about my tyres. After all, if my car ran fine, then clearly that meant everything would go well on the road. So one morning, like every other weekday morning out there, I left to go to work not suspecting that in reality, my 4 year old parts were about to come apart. In the middle of the motorway, the incident occurred. Without any prior warning, suddenly one of my tyres burst into pieces, sending my car into a spin. It was a terrifying moment, something I hope never to have repeat. At the time, I had no idea what had happened, but it was only once the car finally stopped along the embankment and I could get out did I see what had happened. One of the tyres was completely gone, ripped to a hundred pieces.

At first I thought I had rolled on something, but an analysis by the mechanics shop found out that the materials used in those car tyres were simply of lower quality. All four of them had been getting worse every year, and were on the verge of bursting. I had no idea something like that could happen, and this was a wakeup call. Now I know how important getting regular maintenance, and buying good quality tyres is. Most ads and stores will tell you that you should focus on getting winter and summer tyres, but you also have to focus on the quality and brand name. Getting a rebate on cheap car parts, buying them used or importing them from abroad may seem like a good deal when you do the initial purchase, but if you are not careful and do not carefully look at what you are getting, you too may end up in a lot of trouble should these parts go bad.

In the end the situation could have been much worse for me. The motorway was not very crowded and the car only had minor damage. But it is an experience I do not want to repeat ever again. This is why I no longer skimp on the cost of parts, especially important ones like car tyres. This is a vehicle that goes many miles per hours, breezing down the motorway at high speed, and if something so crucial can go wrong, then you never know what will happen. I stick to brand names, and even then I found out that it does not have to be much more expensive either. You can find good rebates and prices online for parts that you know will hold up after a few years. This is what is most important for yourself and your family, after all is said and done.

A natural born writer, Stacey Barton writes professionally and for fun across a wide range of niches with particular attention to how classic brands can continue to offer the same product for decades and somehow survive the turbulent and ever changing consumer market.